Friday, January 17, 2014

Some More Collaged Art With My Painted Papers

I've  been  very  busy  playing  with  my  painted  papers--they're  just  another  art  supply,  like  paint--I  really  like  the  idea  of  taking  colorful  papers  that I  painted  myself  and  using  them  to  create a  new  piece.   Love  all  of  the  colors,  and  mixing  them  up.  It's  surprising  how  some  papers  next  to  each  other  don't  seem  'to  go',  but  when  you  combine  them  in  your  artwork,  they  look  great.


...some  more  coffee  art


...I  used  my  little  owl  that  I  painted  last  year  on  this  one--he's  one  of  my  favorites  : )



And  this  is  a  canvas  with  all  of  my  scraps  of  paper--the start of the piece--the background.


...but  I  kept  some  of  that  background  and  turned  it  into  a  foreground--adding  some  doodling,  stamping,  and  more  paint.

Next,  I  decided  to  go  dimensional--starting  out  with  these  wooden  houses  and  tree--

 ...adding  these  fun  little  embellishments.    And  then  I  took  apart  a  wood  cigar  box  that  I  had....


...did  some  more  collaging--and  that  paper  in  the  middle  is  from  the  latest  Somerset  Studio  magazine  art  to  borrow  page.   They  always  include  4  papers  with  every  issue,  and  this  one  was  perfect  for  my  little  neighborhood!



And  then  back  to  playing  with  more  scraps---on  a  mirror  frame--






And  I'm  still  going--NOW  I  have  lots  of  little  bits  and  pieces  to  'paint'  with--I'm  not  finished  yet!

10 comments:

Betsi Goutal said...

Wow, you sure have been busy! I love the transformation of that "background" into the foreground of a cityscape. I had a little sigh of relief when I saw that; when you said it was "just a background" I thought "Oh no, that's so pretty as it is, don't cover it up!" and was really glad you didn't. :)

Keith@ Vintage Crab Jewelry and Crafts said...

I love your fun and creative style. Great work!

Beverley Baird said...

Such gorgeous pieces! You have certainly been busy! Love the papers!

Marianne said...

Beautiful artwork Diana! What a great colours on your objects. LOVE it!!
xxx Marianne

CraftyViolet said...

Love all the pieces. You are very creative and I adore what you do with embellishments.

Autumn Leaves said...

My gosh but your work is fabulous! The colors are exquisite and each piece is such a strong beautiful statement!

Kathy said...

Your posts always inspire!

Margik said...

Fantastic! I love yours works.

Deena Perreault said...

Such a beautiful creative style you have! I love it all!!
smiles,Deena

WendyK said...

Fabulous, love your use of vibrant colours. The boxes and picture frame are beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails